Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stranded... in my room.


I am embarassed by my current existence. For starters I am beginning to look like Tom Hanks in Castaway. During exam time I always seem to get into this weird state of living where I feel the need to confine myself to my room to study [or not study] or else I am overcome by a sense of guilt. This morning I woke up, rolled out of bed, traveled the the kitchen [the farthest I've been from my bedroom all day] to get my cereal, and then managed to make it back to sit down in front of my computer... At which point instead of opening my books, I managed to check all three of my email accounts, facebook, and then get hooked on this bubble game widget that has become almost a drug. Here I am in this little room with no TV, and I managed to waste a whole day with about 3 total hours of good solid studying. All motivation has been drained from my body. Seriously, I am thinking right now in my head, "You have nothing better to do with your time, you SHOULD study" but nothing happens. I just go back to mindless mouse clicking. I think if I stay in this room much longer I might go crazy. My eyes keep glancing to the countdown on my dashboard that reads: 8 days, 6 hours, 38 mins, 24 secs. I feel like I'm in my own episode of 24. Now I just need Jack Bauer to show up and save me.

No comments: