Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Giving Miss Cleo a run for her money.


Ok, I am a natural born skeptic, but I think whoever puts together www.quotationspage.com has some weird psychic ability. I started checking the website's Daily Motivational Quotes page about a week ago so that I could put some quotes in my email messages to the madre. For the past 4 days, the first quote listed has had some connection to my life. Obviously anyone can have a connection to a quote, but REALLY 4 days in a row? I mean couldn't they just write a quote about a giraffe or something, just to throw me off? Anyway, enough chatter, lets get down to the cold hard evidence:

May 2, 2007: "It is not enough to aim; you must hit." -Italian Proverb
*Katie Chapin Life Translation: Obviously, this is telling me to PICK a damn career path already.

May 1, 2007: "Whenever it is in any way possible, every boy and girl should choose as his life work some occupation which he should like to do anyhow, even if he did not need the money." -William Lyon Phelps
*Katie Chapin Life Translation: Do what you LOVE... thus fueling my whole law school vs. no law school inner conflict.

April 30, 2007: "Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night." -Philip K. Dick
*Katie Chapin Life Translation: Go back to being a GRANDMA... your life isn't going anywhere at 2AM anyhow.

April 29, 2007: "[Water is] the only drink for a wise man." -Henry David Thoreau
*Katie Chapin Life Translation: So the quote tells me to drink water and then later that day I win back my money from a walking tour by dueling the tour guide in a water drinking trick he tried to play on me...Needless to say, I was wise and beat him at his own game.


I hope tomorrow's quote provides some criptic guidence motivating me to study for my final exams.

No comments: