Monday, June 30, 2008

Facebook Warned Me?


Today I received a rather surprising message from Facebook, considering our surprisingly good relationship lately. The email read as follows:

You made one or more wall posts that violated our Terms of Use. Among other things, posts that are hateful, threatening, or obscene are not allowed. We also take down posts that attack an individual or group, or advertise a product or service. Continued misuse of Facebook's features could result in your account being disabled.If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page at http://www.facebook.com/help.php?topic=wposts

Well Facebook, I have some concerns. First, I have traced and retraced my activity over the past few days and can't seem to find what you consider to be "hateful, threatening, or obscene." My last wall post was "Happy Birthday"... Where did we go wrong Facebook? I'm starting to think you don't like me, but I don't know why. I always play by your rules. I do my best to attend the events you recommend. I try to send warm wishes to every birthday boy and girl you tell me about. I even go so far as to keep you updated on my latest likes and dislikes, activities, work, and music tastes. I know you may not like the fact that I don't use your chat feature, but that is no reason to send me emails threatening to disable my account.

Whatever your reasons Facebook, I hope we can reconcile. I'd be lost without you.

No comments: