Sunday, June 1, 2008

I Made Friends...


They are named Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda. To fill the void in my own life, I decided to live vicariously, as I often do, through the scripted drama of Sex and the City. For some reason the glamour and excitement that fills their lives is just intoxicating. However, I just can't imagine living that way. It's strange to think about- can we ever really change our innate tendencies? Could any one of us actually become a Sex and the City glamour girl, or are we all on some pre-destined path?

I'm starting to believe the latter.

Yet there are those people who have life-changing experiences. Experiences that seem to shift everything into place- and I guess I'm searching for one. But I'm starting to realize you can't create or predict a life-changing experience. Because despite my attempts to thrust myself into those pivotal turning points in life, from what I can gather, everything feels exactly the same.

No comments: