Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Miss, you have some beautiful eyes.


Is it sad that this comment stopped me on the street? Am I so desperate for attention from anyone in NY that I will turn to strangers on the street for my validation?

The answer to both of these questions is most likely yes. As I was walking towards the French restaurant right next to my building a doo rag clad, straight baseball cap wearing, guy was watching me approach. When I came close to him, he said, "Miss, you have some beautiful eyes." By the time he finished his sentence, I was already a few feet past him, but I was so shocked by his statement that I literally stopped, turned, and tried to say "Thank you." I'm not even sure if the words came out of my mouth or not, but he answered, "You are most definitely welcome."

I'm not really sure what significance this encounter plays in the larger scheme of things, but it's always nice to receive a compliment.

No comments: