Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wal-Mart, I miss thee.


Don't ever take for granted that huge supercenter of goodness in all of its big box glory (mainly the one in Lexington). I didn't realize how much I could miss even the idea of a huge one stop shop until I arrived here. If I could log in all the man hours it has taken me to search all of the tiny shops in this town for simple things like sheets (which I later learned were called duvet sets) and hangers (which I still have yet to find). And let us not forget the amazing concept of a 24-hour store. I think that deserves a moment of reflection for all the times you yourself have had to make a late night visit in search of some particular item that was urgent or pressing enough to make the trek out in the night. I, for some reason, haven't gotten the hang of things and I always seem to need something around 8pm... lucky for me the only store left open in all of Bath is the Esso gas station that is about 5min from my dorm. Me and the Esso checkout man have become quite close over the past couple of weeks. I know this post goes against everything my tree hugging professor has taught me, but I just thought my sentiments for Wal-Mart needed to be shared... Thank you Sam Walton.

3 comments:

E Moore said...

i bask in the glory of walmart every day, and it's WONDERFUL!

Tyler Davis said...

chapin you forget that the cville walmart closes at 11

Chapes said...

that is why I specified the lexington walmart... in cville we have the glory of an all night teeter!