Sunday, February 11, 2007

21 and Invincible! (part 1)


So, I'm sure you are all thinking, how good can a 21st birthday be in a country where the legal drinkinig age is 18? Let me tell you, it was AMAZING. I woke up to an amazing facebook wall filled with birthday wishes, and packed my bags for LONDON (with fergie's london bridge playing in the background of course). Although the bus ride was long, and somewhat hecktic (we cheated somehow and got cheaper tickets and the driver almost didn't let us on!) we ended up meeting a new friend. We nicknamed him 'Deck,' beccause as Americans (& Canadians) we obviously can't pronounce anything correctly. It turns out that Deck was on his way to a call back audition for the UK version of Big Brother! I'm hoping that I we see him on TV so I can claim to know a British celeb! It also turns out that Deck's cousin lives on the same street as Johnny Depp...who knew JOHNNY DEPP lived in Bath?! Anyway, we were quite the Americans on the bus as we cracked up to Friends episodes & asked about a million different prounciation questions, which never cease to amuse me. FINALLY we got to London, and it was time to conquer the tube... I wish I could say that I helped in that department, but as the birthday girl, I left it to my trusty traveling pack to lead the way. We arrived at our free lodging for the weekend (THANKS kelly!) and immediately went to satisfy our hunger at a Jazz & Pizza restaurant... yes we thought this was an interesting combination as well, but the food was delicioius. Sadly, despite Samantha's attempts to turn on her international flirt, we did not recieve a discount, but were complimented on our beauty instead :) Now this next part of the trip may not sound very touristy, but it was time to watch a little GREY'S ANATOMY since we have been TV deprived for so long. I think you have to be here to understand the amazingness. Ok so we were finished being bums after a few episodes and and some cocktails, we put on our dance shoes and headed out in SoHo... its a little like NYC, but ten times better. After wandering around in search of the Zoo bar, we talked to some people who recommended an Australian bar, The Walkabout... Who can say no to anything Aussie?! We went, and DANCED the night away. And despite the fact that the DJ refused to play our plead for Britney's Toxic, we hung around and enjoyed singing our lungs out and sheilding ourselves from the sketchy men that are inevitably at the clubs. The night came to an end, and I fell asleep, 21 and happy. The end.

No comments: