Sunday, February 11, 2007

21 and Invincible! (part 2)


DAY 2:
We awoke promptly around 11am, and were quite impressed with ourselves. We let Kelly sleep in and we headed out in the grey skies to partake on a whirlwind tour of London's greatest attractions. First stop: food. We had a classic american meal... yes I know, I really should start embracing the culture and maybe try some fish and chips? Then we were off and headed to the British Museum... I bet you can not imagine my excitement when I discovered it housed a grand circular library right inside the main doors. Yes, I love libraries, and I did take a picture. Next we wandered around and as my eyes began to droop, I tried my best to find at least one exhibit in each wing to read and really soak up. Some of my favorites include this exhibit that had a net that rolled out and encased tons of tiny little pills that were supposed to show how much medicine a person takes in their lifetime. It was pretty impressive, but a little scary. Then my other fav included an exhibit in the Africa wing of this tree & animals made completely out of welding guns together that had been collected from this one villiage in Mozambique to stop the violence. Ok, now sadly I wish I could say that I learned a whole lot more, but my fatigue was hard to shake off, and sadly we left and went across the street to Starbucks... COMPLETELY missing the egyptian area!! We might have to make a return visit. Next we went to my absolute favorite stop on our tour, MADAME TOUSSAUD'S HOUSE OF WAX! So much fun. We had to wait in line for about 40 min, but it was easy to pass the time by comparing our hand sizes to Michael Jackson's and trying to name all the various wax face cut outs that lined the room. We finally made it to the front, and entered into a room where you have never seen so many pictures being taken. Take your pic, all your favorite celebs were there. I of course had to pose with some of my loves: Johnny Depp, Charlie Chaplin, Simon Cawell, Brad Pitt, Beyonce, and the list goes on. I will say that I did have a bit of trouble when we came to the Chamber of Horrors, where the wax was no longer wax and real bloody people kept chasing after me... I think I lost my voice from all the screaming. Moving on, next stop on our list of things to do was ride the London Eye and see the view of London all lit up at night. It was absolutely beautiful. You go around this farris wheel looking thing that has huge clear glass pods and it takes you around the wheel in about 30 min, giving you plenty of time to admire the sights. I think this was was of the best views I've seen so far. After our ride, we made our way and found a posh little restaurant called Girafe and decided we would look much cooler if we sat at the couches instead of at a real table. The food was amazing, and the cute little girafes they put in your drink were worth every penny :) We ended out the evening playing cards and learning a new game, Mao, that is ridiculous, yet addictive. We played until the tube closed and the buses were our guest's last resort home. Another amazing night in London. I'm already planning my next trip :)

No comments: