Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Po na na (pronounced Poo na na)


So apparently the uni kids here in Bath don't go out on weekends, but they do go out just about every other night of the week. So last night we tagged along with some of our new found kitchen mates and went to the Huntsman, a pub that is very relaxed and enjoyable (minus the scary bouncers who eye you down on your way in). After hanging out there for a bit, I was introduced to Po na na in all of its glory. Can we please just spend a minute and reflect on the fact that it is impossible to say Po na na (pronounced poo na na... I'm pretty sure this has an inappropriate meaning in the US) without being immature and laughing hysterically. Anyway, Po na na turned out to be an equivalent of a bad frat party at UVA where there are so many people that its impossible to get up to the bar, and the music...Does anyone remember that song "Around the world around the woooorld." That was one of the stellar selections they had going. If anything, I was happy to go just so I could say that I had been to Po na na :) I'm going to get it out of my sytem now and just say it a few more times and then I swear I'm done. Po na na. Po na na. Po na na!

No comments: