Friday, February 16, 2007

Scrabble Party?


Ok so this evening I was invited to a mock "American" frat party... pretty much things I avoid while in America to begin with. ANYWAY, I was dragged over there by the girls on my hall, and we made it suffiently awkward as usual. The highlight of the evening was when one of the boys who lives in France comes up and asks Samantha if she will give him an "American" kiss since she is always asking him for a European kiss on the cheeks. The conversation then took off from how Americans kiss to the origin of the French kiss, to the fact that "French kiss" has more than one meaning in France. I will let you know that the second meaning of "French kiss" is not on your everyday Dawson's Creek teen drama. Eventually we escaped the supposed "frat" party and made it back to our side of the hall where I decided we should play Scrabble. Now yes you may think that Scrabble is a game for losers, but I happen to enjoy it... I'll let you be the judge of whether or not I'm a loser (please do not inform me of your decision, thanks). The three of us sat down and started playing and within minutes we were joined by our fourth British player who had wandered away from the party as well. After about a half-hour the whole party came into our kitchen area and was making fun of the fact that we were playing scrabble, but I do believe that if you are making fun of someone for playing scrabble you have to be able to take the heat for WATCHING it as well. Anyway, I'd say it turned into quite an entertaining evening with drunken English, Irish, and Bulgarians trying to spell...

No comments: