Monday, July 7, 2008

Where Everybody Knows Your Name


I never thought I'd say it, but I love Northern Virginia. I love my friends that have seen me through the awkward years. I love suburbia. I love taking my dog for walks, driving everywhere [aka being driven everywhere], sleeping in my own room, drinking hot tea in an air conditioned house, napping, venturing "out" even when we all would rather be red boxing it.

I spent the past five days at home and now I'm experiencing extreme withdrawal. Isn't it funny how you never know how much you love something until you're without it. I learned that I loved UVA by traveling to England. I learned that I loved Virginia by traveling to New York. For some reason whatever I have never seems like its enough when I have it, but when I'm without it, its all I want.

No comments: