Monday, July 28, 2008

Is that what you're wearing?


Yes, yes it is. In my opinion, if you are going to visit camp, you have to look the part. So while my fellow camp alumni were powdered and pretty in their sundresses, I was aiming for more of a summer grunge look. Decked out in my classy Millboro Spring t-shirt, complete with the jumping deer logo, I hopped on board for our weekend getaway to visit our beloved summer oasis.

When we arrived and were greeted by swarms of sweaty, energetic girls, I think everyone was wishing they had taken my approach. Anyway, I blended right in... so much so that I was tempted to just throw my duffle on a bunk and stay for the remaining week. In fact by the end of the evening, I knew the location of every empty bunk, thanks to the invites to stay from small children clinging to my arm. Trust me, I was tempted.

But here I am, back in the real world, where my short Saturday afternoon at camp almost feels like it was a dream. Is there such a thing as a year round camp counselor? I think that is my calling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that shirt is so baller. you made the perf choice!