Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Angry Face



Yesterday I was at the cash register purchasing my dinner when I noticed that the cashier was looking at me strangely. He had a smirk on his face and I just couldn't figure out what was so amusing. So I just looked at him, waiting for some sort of explanation. Finally he says to me, "You just look kind of angry."

My response, "Sorry, I get that a lot."

I can't tell you how many times I've been told that I look angry/mad/too serious. In fact, at UVA the lunch ladies used to make fun of my serious look by nicknaming me "smilie." I, of course, retaliated by trying to put on my most cheery smile every time I got up to the counter... I don' think they bought it.

I'm not an angry person. I actually consider myself quite nice and friendly... unfortunately my face doesn't match my attitude. I can't help it. I was born with a scrunched up forehead.

And whatever happened to the cold hearted New Yorker stereotype? You'd think I fit right in... apparently not.

2 comments:

Emily Elizabeth said...

ha. the same thing happens to me sometimes. you're not really upset at all, its just your natural "contempt" expression.

i get you, girl.

Emily Elizabeth said...

ha. the same thing happens to me sometimes. you're not really upset at all, its just your natural "contempt" expression.

i get you, girl.