Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Missed Connections


Searching craigslist's Missed Connections section is my new favorite activity. For those of you who haven't yet explored this part of craigslist, you must- it has changed my whole outlook on life.

Missed Connections is where you can post a message for someone who you felt a connection with, but for some reason or another, didn't act on. So now, I like to pass the hours of my day reading these posts, secretly searching for ones that could potentially be me...

Lately I've even been almost on the verge of trying to create a missing connection. I mean a missed connection can occur anywhere: on the street, in the subway, at Starbucks. So as I walk around the city, I find myself smiling and looking at strangers, hoping they'll give me a shout out. I'm pretty sure this is not how it works, but its fun to think about the fact that there are "secret admirers" all around the city. Now, I just have to find mine.

No comments: