Saturday, April 28, 2007

A SPAmazing day.


Bath is home of the Thermae Spa, which uses the natural hot spring waters of Bath, which I can only describe as liquid heaven. I don't know why I didn't go sooner. Kelly and I headed over there today to enjoy 4 hours basking in the relaxing waters of what I like to call an "adult waterpark." The spa had 2 pools [with NOODLES!], one of which was on the roof overlooking the city landscape, AND an array of scented steam rooms. The steam rooms, however, took some getting used to. When we went into the first one, it was lavendar scented, and I could barely breathe. The oxygen level felt like it was nonexistent with all the steam and the hot air in there, not to mention sitting down on the benches burned your but right off! As I sweated my way from one scented room to the next, I started to enjoy the challenge of seeing how long I could last in each. I found the key to success was not moving at all and to maintain shallow breathing at regular intervals. It almost felt like survivor training. All in all, I've never been so relaxed in my entire life (well minus a few amazing naps). I think I might have to go back for a massage before I leave as a little going away present to myself :)

No comments: