Sunday, September 30, 2007

The "Perfectly Good" Chair


My favorite memory of the weekend:
We are walking my brother back to his dorm after church this morning. We get to the door and sitting outside to the left of the door is an upside down chair. We all are commenting on the oddity of the situation. From what we could tell, it was a "perfectly good" chair. It didn't look broken. There wasn't any sign of the chair missing legs. Nothing appeared wrong other than the fact that it was outside and it was upside down. My mom, walks up to the "perfectly good chair" and flips it over so that only she can see the chair's seat. She immediately drops the chair back to its upside down position. "What's wrong?" I asked. My mom replies with a disgusted look on her face, "There is shit all over that chair."

Laughter ensues between me and my brother for the next 10 minutes. My mom spent those 10 minutes scrubbing her hands. I told my mom if she had taken the LSAT she would have seen the logical flaw in the situation. Who would put a "perfectly good" chair outside for no apparent reason? I think I might submit this scenario to the LSAC for consideration when they go to create future test questions.

No comments: