Sunday, September 30, 2007

The LSAT on me.


All in all it was quite a hilarious weekend. Well, as hilarious as a weekend can get that involves taking the LSAT. I basically didn't sleep at all on Friday night, partly because of my mom's snoring and partly because the thought "You're taking the freaking LSAT tomorrow." kept running through my head. Anyway, after a restless night, I awoke early, choked down some breakfast and headed to the W&L campus. I arrived, carrying my clear regulation ziploc bag filled with my most worldly posessions: waterbottle, #2 pencils, pencil sharpener, nature valley granola bar, tissues, tissues, and some extra tissues. I showed up to the building indicated on my admission ticket [I had scoped out the rooms the day before] and on the front door is a huge sign that says "LSAT relocated. Please head to the Science Building." GREAT! Where the heck is the Science Building? What if the rooms are horrible? Basically, I'm freaking out. After a momentary lapse, I spot a trail of other ziploc bag carrying people headed away from the building. I trailed them and found the new location. After going inside, I endured about 30 minutes of just sitting around waiting to be fingerprinted and registered. In the meantime, I easedropped on the girls sitting across from me. They both looked, well like inside people. You know, the ones who sit in the library with minimal socialization. [I realize this description also fits me, however the next detail will set us apart.] Their conversation really got juicy when they figured out that they both go to all women's colleges! This is when I tuned out. It was too much for me to handle. Finally they started letting people enter and divided us up into classrooms. My room wasn't too shabby. Everything was great other than the weird chairs that were oddly connected to the desk and swiveled on an arc. Throughout the teset I found myself drifting farther and farther away from the desk. Anyway, after the inital shock of "You may now begin." wore off, I began to appreciate the humor of the whole situation. I mean, honestly, we were all sitting there in that human torture chamber for about 6 hours. The only thing getting me through was this one guy, estimated age: 26, who kept trying to talk to this girl behind him during the breaks. She would give him that, 'are you really talking to me' look, and he never caught on. At one point he even told this joke that made me laugh out loud [obviously giving away the fact that I was blatently ease dropping]. The joke goes a little something like this:

One day a duck walks into a hardware store and askes the hardware store manager, "Hey, do you have any grapes?" And the hardware store guy says, "No we don't have any grapes! This is a hardware store." So the duck goes home. The next day the duck shows up again and asks the manager, "Do you have any grapes?" And the manager says, "No! This is a hardware store we don't have grapes. If you come in and ask me that one more time I'm going to nail your feet to the floor." So the duck goes home. The next day the duck comes back to the hardware store and asks the manager, "Do you have any nails?" The hardware store manager replies, "Nope, we just sold out about 5 mintues ago." The duck says, "Great. Do you have any grapes?"

Needless to say, I survived the LSAT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least you got a kickass joke out of the situation that you can use to impress all those fancy admittance people when you are applying to law school!