Sunday, June 3, 2007

Katie Chapin II.


This morning I awoke for the 7AM mass (my mom's doing) and I decided to check my email right before we were about to leave. Horrible decision. The only email in my inbox read: "Katie Chapin has sent you a message on Facebook." So, I'm sitting there thinking, "Ok I know I write on my own wall all the time, but GEEZ how did I manage to send myself a message!" So I humor myself and click on the link. There it is, sitting in my inbox...this lovely message:

"I exsisted before you, I think you legally change your name to katie chapin the second."

Great, I am now aware of the fact that there is another Katie Chapin roaming around somewhere in Lincoln, Nebraska. My life feels totally unoriginal now. I think the only person who really can understand what I'm feeling right now is John Proctor himself.

"How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name!"

My only comfort in this whole fiasco is that I don't fancy ever finding myself in the corn district. So, Katie Chapin II, lets make a deal. You get the Mid-West. I get everything else. Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon this hilarious post while do a privacy search for MY name "katie chapin" on facebook. Turns out there's quite a few of us in the US (including one in Virginia, one in Texas who fancies herself an experimental musician, you, me and I think another one in Idaho...). Many of us have red hair -- kinda weird --, but you're the only one I noted who sounds reasonably "cool". And you have the nickname Chapes, which is weirdly the same as my nickname, "Chaps". Hm.

In any case, I won't ask you to change your name. But I did think this is a funny post and thought I'd introduce myself. I promise not to stalk your blog. :-)

From California,
--katie chapin.