Saturday, June 2, 2007

... and then I found 20 dollars.


I was walking my dog with the 'rents yesterday. Yes, you can oooh and awww now, we do walk the dog as a family. Cute. Anyway, we were rounding the corner and Taz (my dog [see the picture], sometimes also referred to as Princess Tuzu) was pulling me over to sniff something. Usually she's trying to capture fallen apples, sticks, squirrels, you name it. So there I am yanking on the lease, so we can continue our walk, and then I look over. My dog has sniffed out a lonely $20 bill just lying there on the sidewalk. I picked it up, yet instead of being excited for having $20 in my hand, I was thinking about how great it is that I can now end my pointless ramblings with "...and then I found $20." I think I might need to change the title of my blog to something more like: Representing the Loser in All of Us. Oh, and to add to your excitement, I'm almost done with "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and I've just placed an order with Amazon for 2 great additions to my motivational library: 1) How to Be Your Own Best Friend 2) It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be. While sending myself a package at camp may be lame, I'm obviously going to be voted most popular when I show off those bad boys in the Feedbag. In case that fails, I've preordered Harry Potter so as to bridge the gap.

No comments: