Monday, March 12, 2007

Fine.




"You'll be fine. I'll be fine. We'll all be fine." I actually just said this out loud. You'd think by now, three years into college, I'd have this whole stress management thing under control. However, I have over the years adopted a strategy of avoidence to relieve my worries. Unfortuately this leads to more stress and then more avoidence. On the other hand my procrastination skills have blossomed in ways even I would have never expected. I offically can procrastinate better than anyone else. And by better I mean the most useless time wasting you could ever imagine. I know you are all thinking, "What could be worse than surfing facebook four hours upon end looking at facebook photos of people you haven't seen or talked to since middle school?" Trust me there is worse. For example, yesterday I spent an hour just playing with my camera. I was sitting here in my tiny box of a room just taking pictures. I'll admit most of them were of me. I was playing this game in my head where I would think up a scenario like "I just won an academy award" or my personal favorite "Think of the meaning of life" or "You just failed an exam miserably and no one cares." The best part of this whole excercise was that when I looked at all of these photos my expression was the same in each one. I finally understood how Zoolander felt. I have one look. So, as you can see I am learning and growing from my procrastination efforts, if anyone ever needs any ideas, I'm here to help.

3 comments:

E Moore said...

that entire post was one big procrastination. i feel jipped.
i too have mad procrastination skills though- our apartment next year will be the least productive space ever

Chapes said...

haha so true...

Anonymous said...

i am always really productive and efficient and don't have any idea what you're talking about