Monday, August 4, 2008

I wear 2 hats.


One is my tourist hat. With my tourist hat on, I love New York. I love the Broadway shows, the lights, the colorful neighborhoods, the cafes, the bars, the little dogs, the parks. My dad came to visit this weekend and we were ubertourists. In one short weekend we managed to pack in all of the stuff I probably should have been doing all summer. We saw 2 Broadway shows, enjoyed breakfast on the rooftop, took the Staten Island ferry, walked around Ground Zero and Wall St., grabbed 2 for 1 burgers at Epstein Bar, and gave the Wicked Lottery one last shot. We rode the subway, walked around, took taxis. We did New York right.

My other hat is my New York is not for me hat. I try not to wear this hat as often as I do, but I can't help it. Today was one of those days. I'm in a city that doesn't get me. A city that crowds me in and doesn't let me breathe. Doesn't want my contributions. A city that just keeps pushing me away. A city that I'm ready to leave.

I wear 2 hats.

No comments: