Friday, January 30, 2009

"Who are you supposed to be, Drew Barrymore's sister?"


Yesterday afternoon I came to the conclusion that I must have some sort of weirdly generic face. Over the past few years, I have been told at least 10 times that "I look like someone familiar." Sometimes my looks garner celebrity status, sometimes its the more vague feeling of "I swear I know you from somewhere." I figure I should start keeping a list of my celebrity look-a-likes because the great thing is no one ever tells me I look like the same person twice. So far I've gotten: Keri Russell, Debra Messing, Alexis Bledel, and a few others that I didn't even recognize the names of... obviously they were B-list.

Anyway, my favorite encounter took place yesterday... at the meat counter at Kroger. As I'm ordering my wood smoked turkey, the guy behind the counter says to me, "So who are you supposed to be, Drew Barrymore's sister?"

No comments: