Monday, March 2, 2009

Who knew snow days existed after high school?


After abusively pushing the refresh button the the VCU Inclement Weather Alert page this morning, I realized that I haven't had a snow day since senior year of high school. That makes it FOUR years since I've experienced the anticipation, joy, and excitement that comes with a school cancellation due to the weather. At UVA, they like to tell you that Thomas Jefferson himself didn't believe in snow days. So UVA students are essentially as dependable as the mailman. We made it to class despite rain, sleet, or snow. In fact, I had the pleasure of venturing to a final exam in an ice storm and taking the entire test in the dark. But apparently, as a grad student, snow days are making a comeback- VCU you've restored my youthful spirit to its former glory.

No comments: