Wednesday, October 8, 2008

GOALden Girls.


This weekend I went home. I needed to leave the Brandcenter bubble and take a mental health day. So I did. What a great decision. I came back with a sense of PERSPECTIVE and so RE ENERGIZED that its scary. How did all of this happen? Well, I have great friends, who are just as nerdy as me.

After dinner Saturday night, while most of our peers were probably out at bars, we decided to form the GOALden Girls. Don't worry, I take full responsibility for this horrible pun, but I love it and therefore will continue to use it. Anyway, we sat down at the kitchen table and all wrote out our SMART goals.

What are SMART goals, you ask? They are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. Basically they are the exact opposite of the life list that I wrote out a few years ago that contains vague goals such as "stop worrying, be social, be optimistic" and of course my favorite, "embrace the frizz." What can I say, I was an amateur goal writer.

So lets take a closer look:

Things not on my list include: saving the world, losing weight, climbing Mt. Everest, transforming into a socialite

Things on my list include: remove "can't" from vocabulary, drink 1 Nalgene a day, get out of bed after 2nd alarm


BABY STEPS. I think I've just discovered life's secret formula: Everything important, you learn as an infant.

No comments: